The player is Geralt of Rivia, a professional monster slayer, a witcher. Entangled in the political turmoil that engulfed Temeria, Geralt helped quell the rebellion of the Order of the Flaming Rose. Soon after, he saved King Foltest’s life when the monarch was attacked by a witcher-like assassin. He continues to protect the king, serving as his bodyguard as Foltest strives to bring peace to his kingdom. The Order’s last bastions have yielded to the royal army, yet one more task remains - the Baroness La Valette announced her secession from the realm, and her fortress must be taken. A month after the attempted assassination, Foltest’s armies stand at the gates of La Valette Castle, preparing for a final assault. Still at Foltest’s side, Geralt is among them, unable to begin his personal quest to discover the mysterious assassin’s origin and identity…
Thanks to the new, ultra-modern REDengine, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings features both beautiful graphics and sophisticated in-game mechanics, drawing players into the most lively and believable world ever created in a video game.
Defining new standards for realistic, non-linear game narration, The Witcher 2 spins a mature, thought-provoking tale to produce one of the most complex and unique RPGs ever released on PC. In addition to its epic story, the game features a complex combat system that uniquely combines dynamic action and tactical depth.
Enhanced Edition features:
Compared to the initial award winning PC release, the Enhanced Edition features lots of new and exciting content:
- Arena Mode – an arcade mode that allows players to fight against endless waves of enemies and test their combat skills. Players can share their results with their friends by uploading high scores to the forums or to Facebook .
- A new, extensive tutorial system - allows gamers to be gradually and smoothly immersed in the game world and Geralt’s adventures.
- Dark Mode – a difficulty level designed for hardcore players, with unique dark-themed items. At this difficulty level, even greater emphasis is placed on battle preparation, defensive maneuvers and opportunistic attacking.
We recommend the following drivers:
nVidia - nvidia binary driver 331.38, 340.32 or later (343.13 beta has problems currently)
AMD - fglrx binary driver 14.4 rev 2 or later.
MESA based drivers (e.g. "nouveau", "radeonsi") are not currently supported.
Intel integrated graphics are not currently supported.
The Witcher® is a trademark of CD Projekt S.A. The Witcher game© CD Projekt S.A. All rights reserved. The Witcher game is based on a novel of Andrzej Sapkowski. All other copyrights and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
|Released:||17 May 2011|
1. Go to https://store.steampowered.com/.
2. Top right corner > Install Steam.
3. Download and Install Steam Client.
4. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
5. Click the Games Menu.
6. Choose Activate a Product on Steam.
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.